Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Make an Impact - Contribute to Dream A Dream!

I registered for the Sunfeast World 10K (open category) today through Bangalore Cares - a non-profit organisation that acts as a bridge between NGOs and the rest of society. Bangalore Cares is the official charity partner for the Sunfeaast World 10K 2009. I have signed up as a Care Participant in the Care Champion category. That is, I have committed to raise Rs 1 Lakh for my favourite cause, that is, Dream A Dream. I have been associated with Dream A Dream since 2006 - as a fund raiser and as a volunteer. I have worked with children in the IT program as well as a mentor. The passion and commitment of Dream A Dream employees and the impact they make on the lives of the under-privileged children is tremendous. Raising Rs. 1 Lakh in 5 weeks is a challenging task - however I am going to try my level best and with support from friends, ex-colleagues and family members around the globe I hope to get there. I am close to the half way mark of my target and request those who like the cause and can spare a small amount of money to contribute. Any amount - large or small- will be highly appreciated. Contributions can be made by check or online via Bangalore Cares(INR only) or GiveIndia(INR OR USD) or Paypal(USD only). See the RHS of this page for the relevant links.

If I do manage to hit the target of Rs 1 Lakh ofcourse I will be extremely happy and satisfied. Plus as a bonus I am entitled to
  • Official event kitting (T-shirt and cap)
  • A personalised running number bib
  • VIP marqee invite and parking pass on race day

Last year I missed my target completion of 50minutes by 39 seconds. I am in a much better shape this year - so unless something unforseen happens between now and then I hope to do better this year! Of course, I still have to run a marathon before that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi Bhaskar,

I am running as Care Champ for RangDe ...

Wish you all the best for 1lac and beyond :)

Looking forward to see you on 31st!

Regards,
Harsh

FM or HM or DNS ?

 Are the three options that I am grappling with for the Avenue of Giants marathon less than 2 weeks away. Unable to do even the two 30K+ ru...