Sunday, November 30, 2008

Still no announcement of 13th December Midnigh marathon

This is as ridiculuous as it can get. Its barely 2 weeks from the supposed Midnight marathon on 13th December and there is absolutely no information on the details of the event and registration. This surely must be a record of sorts. I doubt this situation happens with a marathon anywhwere else in the world. Shows the nascent state of road racing in India. And yet, I am anxiously looking forward to making it my December event - though night time running will be tough and I am unlikely to have too many RFL runners for company in the Full marathon! An amateur runner needs at least 3 months to prepare for a full marathon. So there probably won't be too many participants even otherwise. In case the event does not happen then I will do a 42.2 Km run as part of the RFL run on 14th December.

FM or HM or DNS ?

 Are the three options that I am grappling with for the Avenue of Giants marathon less than 2 weeks away. Unable to do even the two 30K+ ru...