Sunday, December 7, 2008

Bangalore Midnight Marathon announced ..and postponed..

In the last week, within a space of 5 days, the Bangalore midnight marathon was announced and postponed. The Bangalore Midnight marathon to be held on 14th December was finally announced on 1st December. However, due to the incomprehensible and dastardly Mumbai terrorist attacks of November 26th, as a precautionary measure and based on government advice the event has been postponed, probably indefinitely. I have mixed feelings about this. Of course, what happened in Mumbai was terrible! However, one of the goals of this act is to disrupt normal life - postponement of public events such as the midnight marathon is clearly a step that helps achieve that goal. Also this means, I now do not have an event for my December marathon - unless the midnight marathon is confirmed to happen on 23rd December by end of next week. Otherwise, I will just go ahead and do a full marathon during the RFL run on 14th December. I need to do a full marathon in December definitely by the 23rd December so that I have 4 weeks before the January run in Mumbai.

FM or HM or DNS ?

 Are the three options that I am grappling with for the Avenue of Giants marathon less than 2 weeks away. Unable to do even the two 30K+ ru...