Sunday, October 5, 2008

Two consecutive days of running

Personally I very rarely run 2 consecutive days. My weekly training schedule typically consists of 3 days of running including a weekend 'long' run and 2 days of cycling. I rest two mornings in a week - I do go to Manipal hospital for strength training in the evening of weekday rest day. While training to run the 1st Bangalaore ultra in 2007 I did a couple of long runs on consecutive weekend days as this is recommended as part of ultra training. This weekend was an exception to my cardinal principle - I ran on both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was a great 12K run at EGL catching up with Rajesh Vetcha(another passionate running evangelist and also a key organiser of the Hyderabad marathon). I had planned to do a 20K + run on Sunday but when Rajesh called Friday afternoon saying he was in town and available for a run Saturday morning I could not let the opportunity go. I then decided to do the 20K+ run on Sunday instead. Due to the time commitment required including the to and fro travel I skipped the fortnightly RFL run at ONV and ran solo at EGL. I ended up doing 25K in just under 2 hours 30 minutes and clocking a total of 50K this week. The left calf muscle hurt a bit towards the end of the run but otherwise it was pretty good. I do not remember the last time I ran over 20K alone - it was not as difficult or boring(thanx to the 'Time tunnel' on Radio Indigo) as I had anticipated it to be.

1 comment:

Balu said...

great going Bhasker.. me off with an injury while I was trekking.. hope to be back in a month's time... good luck !

FM or HM or DNS ?

 Are the three options that I am grappling with for the Avenue of Giants marathon less than 2 weeks away. Unable to do even the two 30K+ ru...