Saturday, October 25, 2008

Appeal to support Dream A Dream..


In 2007 I raised about Rs 80,000/- for Dream A Dream via the Bangalore ultra and Mumbai marathon. This time I have the ambitous goal of raising much higher amount. Having volunteered at several of the IT programs for children from NGOs like Ananya and Vishwas I have experienced first hand the tremendous imapct DaD is making on vulnurable children in Bangalore. Volunteering for DaD and interacting with the dedicated and passionate employees of the organisation has also provided me huge learning and also a sense of satisfaction of making a small contribution to make a difference.

I am a bit behind in my fund raising goals this year. I know a number of runners who are successfully raising funds for a number of different causes. So there's no dearth of donors. It seems to me that people give more readily for causes related to health care, natural disasters and disabilities. Dream a Dream is doing something that is quite niche - it seeks to empower children from vulnerable backgrounds by developing life skills and at the same time sensitising the community through active volunteering leading to a non-discriminatory society.

However with the help of a number of supporters and well-wishers I hope to raise significant funds and make up over the next few months leading up to the Mumbai marathon in January 2009. Meanwhile, if anyone who would like to support this cause has any questions or clarifications regarding the work done by DaD then do not hesitate to get in touch with me. If required I can also put you in touch with Vishal or one of the other wonderful employees of DaD. Any contribution, however big or small, will be highly appreciated!

Evolving training plan for AoG

My first run after the Delhi marathon   was  a 10Km on Friday, 8th March - after almost 2 weeks break  from all excercise except walking and...