Monday, September 1, 2008

Week leading upto the Hyderabad Marathon

The week before the Hyderabad Marathon was a very hectic one. Did my fastest ever 5K (24 minutes at the corporate relay Mformation Urban Stampede on 10th August morning. Then took a non-stop Continental Airlines flight to NewArk the same night and was at work at my Edison office at 930am on 11th August. Had hectic meetings on 11th, 12th and 13th August and took the return flight to Mumbai on 13th evening getting there on 14th night. The Hyderabad marathon being the first one of this season and coming 6 months after the previous one at Mumbai I was hoping to do a fast marathon - definitely targeting sub 4:15 and possibly sub 4. However, on the plane ride back I felt quite fatigued and all sorts of apprehensive thoughts went through my head. Until I read about the stupendous feat of Dave Heeley , a blind runner , who ran 7 marathons in 7 days in 7 continents in an issue of Runners World. This gave me confidence that the human body is capable of much more than what we normally imagine. You can read more about Dave’s achievement at the official Seven Magnificent Marathons web site. I was now eagerly looking forward to reaching Hyderabad and running a good race.

No comments:

FM or HM or DNS ?

 Are the three options that I am grappling with for the Avenue of Giants marathon less than 2 weeks away. Unable to do even the two 30K+ ru...