Saturday, November 7, 2009

Countdown to Bangalore Ultra 2009

It is just about a week left for  the 3rd edition of Bangalore Ultra. I did a reasonably OK 38Km run in just under 4 hours at GKVK on 31st October - my longest run since the marathon in July. It was not a great run as I struggled a bit in the last 2Kms. Today I ran a 1:56 20Km at EGL. Will do two short runs probably on Tuesday and Thursday this week leading up to the Ultra on 15th November. With close to 600 runners slated to participate,  this year's event is going to much bigger compared to last year. Though a bulk of the runners are going to be running 25K or less it is amazing that over 20 are doing the 100K!  The 50Km event that I am running has over 100 runners this year. The last two years I have clocked 5:51 at this event. This year I am targeting to do closer to 5:30 which I should be able to achieve barring any last minute injury or sickness. I hope the weather is as perfect as it was last year. Of course, like the last two years I am not going to worry too much about the timing - I am looking forward to enjoying the comraderie of fellow runners and the wonderful ambience of the route and the race!

No comments:

Evolving training plan for AoG

My first run after the Delhi marathon   was  a 10Km on Friday, 8th March - after almost 2 weeks break  from all excercise except walking and...