Saturday, February 5, 2011

Auroville 2011 preview



By this time next Saturday I will be on my way to run Auroville marathon for the 3rd consecutive year. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of running at Auroville in 2009 and 2010 and am looking forward to it again. Four weeks after pushing myself at SCMM I generally like to take it easy at Auroville and enjoy the wonderful ambience of nature in all its splendour complimented with friendly volunteers and organisation. My timing has been 4:23 in 2009 and 4:36 in 2010. Ideally, this year I would like to finish between 4:20 and 4:30. However, having done two fast marathons recently- ING Hartford marathon in October 2010 and SCMM in January 2011 and four 50Km+ runs since September 2010 the body seems to be  a bit fatugued at the end of the marathon season. Therefore, I wont be surprised if the body decides to take it easy and I end up doing somewhere around 4:45. Additionally, I re-started my strengthening session at Manipal this week after a break of almost 4 weeks and am consequently feeling the soreness in my arms and legs. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to this marathon before I take a break from long distance running for a couple of months.

1 comment:

MJV said...

Meet u there in Auroville Bhasker sir... Very much excited to be in Auroville for the Full Marathon. Bests for you...

Evolving training plan for AoG

My first run after the Delhi marathon   was  a 10Km on Friday, 8th March - after almost 2 weeks break  from all excercise except walking and...