Friday, November 5, 2010

Kicking off my Annual fundraising for Dream A Dream



Like the last few years I am kicking off my annual fundraising campaign for Dream A Dream this Diwali in the middle of the long distance running season in India.  The long distance running season started for me with the Kaveri Trail Marathon on September 19th. I then ran the Hartford marathon on 9th October as I happened to be in the area on work.  Between now and the end of the running season in February 2011 I plan to do the following events:
  • 75K at the Bangalore ultra on 14th November 2010 (update: completed in 8:57)
  • Half Marathon at the Midnight marathon on 11th December 2010 (update: completed [22K] in 1:52)
  • Full Marathon at Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon on 16th Janaury 2011
  • Auroville Marathon on 13th February 2011
Through the above runs I hope to raise another Rs 2.2 Lakhs to add to the Rs 35,000 that I managed to raise in October as part of the India Giving challenge. As many of my friends and relatives who have been supporting me the last few years are aware I have been involved with Dream A Dream since 2006 as a fund raiser,volunteer in the IT and mentoring programs  and more recently as a board member(since August 2009).

Founded in 1999, Dream A Dream empowers children from vulnerable backgrounds by developing life skills while at the same time sensitizing the community through active volunteering leading to a non-discriminatory society where unique differences are appreciated.

Dream A Dream provides children from vulnerable backgrounds with non-traditional educational opportunities designed to allow them to explore, innovate and build important life skills. These life skills are fundamental to child/youth development and to the successful transition into adulthood and becoming fully functioning and productive members of our society. Dream A Dream programs allow children to develop:

· Interpersonal skills including teamwork, communications, negotiation and coping skills
· Cognitive skills such as decision-making, problem solving and critical thinking
· Creativity, confidence, self-awareness and a passion for learning


Contributions can be made in the following ways:
- Via check favouring 'Dream A Dream' - this can be snail mailed to me at 242, Ranka Heights,4th Main,7th Cross, Domlur Layout, Bangalore 560071

Looking forward to your support again!!!

No comments:

Evolving training plan for AoG

My first run after the Delhi marathon   was  a 10Km on Friday, 8th March - after almost 2 weeks break  from all excercise except walking and...