Saturday, March 14, 2009

Less than a week to Number Eight..


My 8th marathon in the current series will be the Suntrust National Marathon(http://www.nationalmarathon.com/) in Washington DC on 21st March. This is the 3rd edition of this marathon and entry is restricted to a maximum of 3000 full marathon runners. They also have a qualifying time of 5 hours. The run is mostly through central Washington that is full of monuments and landmarks. Luckily for me I am travelling on work to my NJ office the week of 16th March. I plan to take the train from New Jersey to DC on 20th afternoon and go straight to the expo to collect the race packet. As of now the 10 day weather forecast for DC says 21st is going to be a cold(max 11, min 3 celcius), rainy day. If its just cold then I will not be unhappy as my current PB was in similar weather at the Suntrust Richmond Marathon in November 2007. However, if it rains or even drizzles during the run I am not going to enjoy it(I just don't like to get wet in rain. Period.).

I did my last road run before next week's marathon today - a 15Km run in CV Raman Nagar at a fairly fast pace of 5:30. While the left knee impacted in the fall at Cubbon Park last Saturday did not hurt it did not feel completely normal either! Hopefully, it will get better in the next 6 days.

FM or HM or DNS ?

 Are the three options that I am grappling with for the Avenue of Giants marathon less than 2 weeks away. Unable to do even the two 30K+ ru...