Sunday, August 22, 2021

Better than goal Half Marathon on August 14th !

Started doing tempo runs in early July to improve pace towards the goal of a sub 2hr HM in mid August and  added a weekly interval run few weeks later. Consequently, very happy that I was able to comfortably beat my goal and complete a solo HM , as part of the NEBS independence day virtual run, in 1:55:22. This made me the 3rd fastest finisher in the 56-65Y age category!! I managed to maintain a steady pace of around 5:25/Km (between 5:20 and 5:30 ) throughout though it was a real challenge to sustain this in the last 4-5 Kms.  The outliers were Km 1 with 5:40 and Km 10 at 5:13. Had a banana about 20 mins before start and managed the run without any fuel or hydration  - thanks to the moderate partly cloudy Bangalore weather . This now gives me the confidence to train over the next few months for a sub 4:05 Full marathon towards the year end or early next year.








No comments:

FM or HM or DNS ?

 Are the three options that I am grappling with for the Avenue of Giants marathon less than 2 weeks away. Unable to do even the two 30K+ ru...