Saturday, November 30, 2019

Run, walk or crawl at TMM 2020?

TMM 2020, my annual must do FM ,is just about 7 weeks away and I have been off running or any form of excercise since abandoning my last run on 10th November. This is turning out to be the worst ever running season causing severe angst and  depression to even a seasoned runner who has been constantly in and out of injuries for the last decade. Have been pretty much taking rest from excercise after deciding to not run the Spice Coast Marathon in Cochin on 1st Dec - the third DNS of my career. While the ankle is much better it does not seem to be have healed fully as it is still hurting  around the bone on and off. Prolonged the break from 2 to 3 weeks and now in a dilemma whether to prolong one more week or try out a short easy run in the next day or two. Either way I will, at best, have time to do no more than two 25Km+ runs so maybe better to give it one more rest. Will probably take a call early in the coming week.  I am now mentally reconciled to the fact that, barring a miracle, this will likely be my slowest ever FM at Mumbai. Whether I should set any timing goal will depend on  how it goes once I resume running. Nevertheless,  I am determined to run, walk or crawl to complete the race within the stipulated 6.5 hrs time to keep my streak at Mumbai alive and also to complete at least one FM event for the 2019-20 season. 

No comments:

FM or HM or DNS ?

 Are the three options that I am grappling with for the Avenue of Giants marathon less than 2 weeks away. Unable to do even the two 30K+ ru...