Thursday, December 8, 2011

Quick Update

I had  a good run at the 5th edition of the Bangalore Ultra on 13th November 2011 - completing the 50K in 5:24:17 well within my target time of 5:30 and finishing 3rd in the open category. The new course was very challenging with roots and stones strewn across in sections ;however thoroughly enjoyed the experience as usual. Hope to post details with lots of pictures soon.

After a week's break I resumed my training for SCMM 2012 in January and so far it is going quite well. I am using the FIRST based 'Run Less,run Faster' program with a target goal of 3:45. I plan  to do this weekend's long run at the 5th edition of the Bangalore Midnight Marathon on 11th December 2011.  The Bangallore Ultra, SCMM and Bangalore midnight marathon are 3 events where I have so far maintained a streak , that is, I have participated in every edition of the event so far. I was one of the handful of runners to do the FM at the first edition of the midnight marathon in May 2007. The 2008 edition got postponed to January 2009(due to the Mumbai terrorist attacks ) just a week prior to SCMM 2009. So I did 5Km with my son Rahul that year. Subsequently in 2009 and 2010 editions  I ran fast half-marathons as training for SCMM. This year I plan to run 32Km+ at my target training pace of 5:37 per Km. This year the route is new though it is still a 2.1Km out and back course. I plan to do 8 loops if possible. Hopefully the organisers will take the feedback from last year's organisation into account and ensure that there is no chaos at the Bib/timing chip collection and also that the route is marked accurately!


No comments:

Evolving training plan for AoG

My first run after the Delhi marathon   was  a 10Km on Friday, 8th March - after almost 2 weeks break  from all excercise except walking and...