Sunday, June 27, 2010

Update on progress towards ideal racing weight

After a little over 3 months since I did the posting on ideal racing weight based on some research I had done on the Internet, it is time to take stock. I am pleased to state that for the last 2 weeks my weight is consistently  lower by about 5 Lbs moving from a little over 140lbs to around 135 Lbs. The factors responsible for this,in the order of probable impact, are:
  • Consistent running, cycling and strengthening sessions for the last 6 weeks
  • Eating heavy brekafast, followed by a lighter lunch with dinner being the lightest meal
  • Lower calorie lunch during week days due to my taking lunch from home instead of eating the catered food in the office cafetaria
  • Slight reduction in my consumption of fried foods and desserts

One thing that is highly recommended for weight loss is to eat smaller meals more often.This simply does not work for me. I am usually not able to eat small meals. Either I dont eat or I eat a substantial quantity whether it is a snack or a meal- nothing in-between. I hope to keep the weight at this level now and try and get it as close to 130 Lbs as possible over the next few months. I have not checked the body fat percentage but I assume it is a bit lower now.

P. Venkataraman of Mumbai runners has an interesting and in-depth discussion thread going on weight loss and running. A couple of good resources from this thread:

BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald - http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/

Another resource I came across recently is http://www.muchomuscle.com/weight_loss_tips.htm

No comments:

FM or HM or DNS ?

 Are the three options that I am grappling with for the Avenue of Giants marathon less than 2 weeks away. Unable to do even the two 30K+ ru...