Highs of 2009
1. Completion of the 12th full marathon in 12 months – the day was made special with the company of so many fellow runners specially from the BHUKMP and Red Dragon gang. The achievement of the goal that I set in May 2008 gave immense satisfaction – the T-shirt and plaque given by fellow runners made it truly memorable!
2. Cracking the sub 4 hr marathon at the Suntrust National marathon in Washington DC in March 2009
3. PB timings in 50K, HM and 10K distances at the Bangalore Ultra, Bangalore Midnight marathon and Sunfeast World 10K respectively
4. Being able to clock 2000Km of running during the year - up from 1800Km in 2008
5. Numerous new running mates specially in the BHUKMP group
Lows of 2009
1. Not being able to hit my PB in 5K distance at the 2nd Urban Stampede
2. Missing out on the 2nd Hyderabad marathon due to sickness - my first ever DNS
1. Run at least 5 Full marathons/Ultras
- Mumbai Marathon - 17th Jan 2010
- Auroville Marathon - 14th Feb 2010
- Hyderabad Marathon - August 2010
- Athens Marathon - 31st October 2010
- Bangalore Ultra - 14th November 2010
3. Sub 4 Hr at Hyderabad marathon 2010
4. 75K at Bangalore Ultra? - it is tempting to go beyond 50K
5. Invest in a better cycle and do a few trail rides with Tandem Trails
I intend to start the year with a 12K-15K run on January 1 - I have been running on January 1 pretty much every year since 2003. A good run on the 1st day of the year is a fantastic way to start the year. And I intend to follow this up with a 32K - 35K run on January 3rd - the last long run before the Mumbai marathon on 17th Jan .
Here is wishing everyone a Great Year ahead personally, professionally and of course running wise!!!