Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Marathon numbers 11,12,..and tentative plans for the next season

I am left with 2 more more Full Marathons to complete my goal of 12 marathons in 12 months which started with the Hyderabad marathon in August 2008. I plan to do these runs as part of the RFL organised runs on June 28th and July 26th. There is a possibility of travel to my NJ office on work in late June or some time in July. Unfortunately there is no marathon happening in the vicinity of NJ during that period. The ones I located are at least 4-5 hours flight away - that would be inconvenient and expensive. The only possibility is the 24 hour Around the Lake run in Wakefield, MA on Friday July 24rth. For now I am likely to stay with the RFL long runs. Assuming these two runs go well, I am quite tempted to do my 13th consecutive monthly marathon on 30th August in Hyderabad thereby finishing the series in the city where it started (on the eve of my 50th birthday a year ago). The 1st edition of Hyderabad marathon was very well organised and a wonderful experience. The expectation of the 2nd edition is higher and larger number of runners are planning to participate so it should be good fun. During the 30K training run last Sunday(7th June) I had a bit of a niggle in my left hamstring and calf due to which the run was not as satisfying . The stress is probably caused due to my pushing myself at the Sufeast 10K a week earlier. I have also struggled a bit in the subsequent short runs last week. Due to this and a few other reasons I amd giving the 1st edition of BSA Hercules Duathalon on 14th June a miss (the first RFL event I wont be participating in) and focus on completing my full marathons over the next few months. Post the Hyderabad marathon I plan to take a couple of months off from marathon running - giving KTM 2009 a miss and start my next season with the Ultra in November with plans to run Mumbai and Auroville in 1Q2010. That's the medium term plan and some ways off and a number of factors(work, injury, sickness...) could derail this!

No comments:

FM or HM or DNS ?

 Are the three options that I am grappling with for the Avenue of Giants marathon less than 2 weeks away. Unable to do even the two 30K+ ru...