Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Couple of quick updates..

1. On Sunday 15th February I completed my 7th marathon in 7 months in 4 hours 23 minutes – the 2nd Auroville marathon was a fantastic run experience!. While each of my marathon experience has been unique and mostly enjoyable(barring the Bangalore international in 2006) this was certainly the most scenic route among the 18 marathons that I have completed to date! While I probably could have run a few minutes faster I decided to enjoy the stunning trail taking in all the flora and fauna – dogs,cows, birds and a peacock. More about the experience later…

2. I received my timing certificate for this years's Mumbai marathon today - exactly 4 weeks after the race. As per the certificate I placed 5th in my age category instead of 6th as shown on the results site earlier! The certificate does not give overall placing probably because of the split full marathon start. My split timings are interesting - 14Km in 1:23, 23.2Km in 2:18 and 32.5Km in 3:13. In order to do a sub 4 I need to be at the 32.5Km mark within 3 hours and 23.2Km mark within 2 hours!.

FM or HM or DNS ?

 Are the three options that I am grappling with for the Avenue of Giants marathon less than 2 weeks away. Unable to do even the two 30K+ ru...