Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Trigger

While I have been running for a few years now I am attempting something special this year to commemorate the start of the 5th decade of my life. I have set myself a goal of running 12 Full marathons in 12 months - running one every month between August 2008 and July 2009. And I decided to Blog to track my experiences and thoughts during training and the races. This is not a daily run journal but a set of fairly random thoughts that I hope will eventually evolve as a rich resource for running related information based on my personal experience.

The inspiration for running 12 marathons in 12 months came in April 2008 while reading 'Spaghetti Every Friday, the story of running 50 marathons in 50 weeks' which is the story of Bob Fletcher's amazing feat in his 50th year. He finished in the top 3 in his age category in all the 50 races. Simply awesome!! Compared to that what I was planning seemed much easier. I want to complete all the 12 marathons injury free and betwen 4 and 5 hours - it is likely that all except the first one will be over 4 hours 30 minutes. The first challenge ofcourse is to identify 12 organised marathon events in India.

Evolving training plan for AoG

My first run after the Delhi marathon   was  a 10Km on Friday, 8th March - after almost 2 weeks break  from all excercise except walking and...